Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Craftastic!

Lately it's been difficult to get anything done. We've been to San Diego for a week, had many visitors and just reciently "gutted" the house to prepare to sell (thanks to TLC). Luckily my darling husband took on the kids all weekend while I locked myself in my sewing room and whipped up two diaper bags. When I spend so much time in there completing orders, I just need to take a break and do something I want to do- it rejuvinates me and helps me to not get too burned out.

So this is what I wanted to do.




It's actually for a friend who just had a precious baby girl the other day. (Hopefully I'll be taking some newborn shots for her and be able to post a few faves on here) I had promised her a handmade special and she knit me up an adorable hat for my lil Scarlett. I've made a couple of these appliqued onsies with ruffle butt's and have been experimenting with different ruffles. I used some thick ribbon on this one and I'm happy with the result- plus easy for me (no hemming fabric or serger needed). I still have yet to keep one that I've made. Maybe next one.. I am just among some very fertile people! :) I guess I'm just at that age.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I think the ribbon turned out well. Good call. Short-cuts often turn out better than the long way around. BTW, never got around to fixing mine. Oh well.

Mom said...

Wow!! I guess I'd better watch my language, and no more lewd comments! .... really, very cute Chey. How did you do the shine spots? Some kind of crayon???