1. My beloved John is taking a solo vacation to the big sandy beaches of the desert. If you're not sure what I mean, I'm talking about Iraq. He's deploying with the New Jersey Guard to head over there for 2 months.
- Normal deployments for the f16 community over there are twice as long so 2 months seems like a very quick trip.
- We will be able to communicate while he's over there which is great!
- He will be flying over there, which is what he loves and feels like he finally get's to put to use all the "practice" he's done.
- I have always felt that I am happy my husband is a pilot since I feel that it's much safer in the air than on the ground. Couple that with knowing that John is in God's hands, I can rest in God's peace even though there is inherent danger in the assignment.
- This is an opportunity to grow, both in faith and strength. I always hear of how military wives are a strong breed!! I feel pretty spoiled thus far since John has not had to deploy when so many other families (my brother being one of them) are dealing or have dealt with much higher quantity or quality of deployment.
- He'll be with some good guys and he'll be doing some great stuff to support and defend our nation!
- Timing so has it that he won't be present for the birth of our daughter... Guess his up close and personal approach last time seemed to scare him off. So, rest assured, there is NO CHANCE that John will deliver this one.
I'd prefer not to put dates of John's deployment on my blog, but if you're the praying type maybe you could say a little prayer for us when we cross your mind.