Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Memory Monday



Okay.. so here goes. As a Christian, I feel the need to know God's word. Thus far, I've rested in the fact that Jesus died for me but I've kind of let my faith plateau there! I get in kicks where I read the Bible on a daily basis but without discipline or accountability, I find other things that I "need" to do that are "more important" (sarcasm intended). So my friend Megan got the idea from another blogger to do "Memory Monday's" so I'm jumping on that train so that I, too can "let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write the on the tablet of your heart." (Proverbs 3:3)

Last week I memorized Psalm 73:25-26
"Whom have I in heaven but Thee. And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth. My heart and my flesh may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (via memory)

And I'll just go ahead and post along with Megan for the up coming week's memory verse.

John 12:24
"Truly Truly I say to you,
Unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies,
it remains by itself alone;
but if it dies, it bears much fruit."

Feel free to join me in this quest!!  I love company!  You can either post your memorized verse in the comments or on your own blog.

3 comments:

Megan O. said...

You're awesome, Cheyenne! I still need to write it from memory on mine--I'll do it soon. Thanks so much for doing this along with me. I totally know what you mean about needing discipline and accountability!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff! The Bible is the story of the wisdom of God and man, and chock full of essential guidance.

This Crazy Cross family said...

What an awesome way to share God's word with the ones you love. Thanks for sharing this idea!