Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Going Mobile!

Back when Riley first started the "push ups," my church friends and I all placed bets on when he'd start crawling. But first we had to define what "crawling" is.. The following are the qualifications of crawling that we came up with:
  • Forward Progression
  • Complete at least one "cycle"
  • Cycle= R. hand-L. leg movement and L. hand-R. leg movement once.
Well that's all I can think of right now. But the bets were pretty far off (I think the last one was for the 9th of March). He started the push ups right around 6 months.. Now- a month and a half later- he crawls! And he even courteously waited to debut his crawl so that our church friend could witness too! We did a vote.. "Did he crawl? All in favor say Aye" and we unanimously got Ayes in return! You go baby boy!

Nothing like the contents of Daddy's flight suit to entice Riley to practice his new skill. What really caught his eye? Daddy's lucky barf bag (eye roll).



As I was trying to get the crawling on video, here's one where I'd wave the carrot (this case- an airplane) in front and peak his interest, but the darn knit ball kept distracting him.

5 comments:

Megan O. said...

Yay Riley! That was definitely a crawl. I sure had fun holding him yesterday--such a sweet boy, gives me hope! :)

Snakeye said...

Yeah, I'll third the motion: that's a crawl for sure. It's funny he goes after the white plastic that looks like paper!

BrassWillow said...

You go boy!

The second video is too funny!

Jenny Brooks said...

you are quite analytical! I don't think he wanted the train...I think he was perfectly content with the knit ball! Ben went after the remote at 6 1/2 mos! And it had to be the real remote, he was past the "old, unused remote control" trick. He knew no one ever touched that one, except for him! Now it's time for tupperware and pots/pans in the kitchen! That stuff's the most fun!

Mom said...

You're right... it's the beginning of mobility.... look out, he'll be checkin' out everything. Soon it will be the stairs!!!