It sure did keep me busy! I learned a number of things.
- Pay for the extra seat for your toddler... Sure you can save $200+ bucks but is it really worth your sanity for 4 hours while you are a human jungle gym??
- Don't watch your bag go around the carousel and think, "I'll get it when everyone has cleared out." ... Everyone did clear out, and someone must have thought my bag was packed with goodies for them since I never saw it again. (Good thing it was all Riley's stuff which is much easier to replace than mine).
- Each day away gets more and more stressful as toddler boy unravels at the seams.. So next time when planning an 11 day trip with you and a toddler, apply this KISS principle... Keep It Short, Stupid!
- Instead of paying the extra $50 each way to have my pack n' play, stop at Once Apon a Child and pick up a $25 pack n play then return it when the trip is done- Brilliant!!
- Fly Southwest! Because of them I was able to visit as many people as possible and not feel bad when moving my flight home up a few days since it was FREE!!!
- Do stop and see great grandparents whenever a chance presents itself.. It's so awesome seeing them interact with your baby!!
- Don't forget to drag out the camera for such an action packed trip. You'll regret it if you do forget.
Drive to IL to get Great Grandma Tigger, Uncle Tim and Aunt Rhonda (+ Stacey) some great grand baby time (with my brother + sis in law)
Drive to PA to get other Great Grandma and Uncle some Riley time.
Hung out with Katey and family for a few days!
And surprise visited our old high school basketball coach, McCombs!
Got to hang out with college friends, Krista and Kelly and HS friend Marybeth (different stops). Sorry that I didn't take pictures, but luckily Kel took some of our visit that I could steel!
Got to meet Kelly's adorable little guy, Kai (seriously the smiley-est baby I've ever seen!)