Maybe you know the drill by now.. Here is the SOOC shot.
Here's my fix.
- I cropped and rotated just a tad cuz I felt like the girl was falling over.
- Then I ran the Sunshine Action from Pioneer Woman
- Ran PW's Boost action too. That created the feel that I wanted but now to tackle the boring sky.
- I need to preface with I had no idea what I was doing and probably had no business with this effect since I didn't and still don't really understand it. But I went to Filter>Render>Cloud Difference which put a bunch of dark splotchy patches all over the picture.
- I created a layers mask to leave the splotches only in the sky and then
- I did a gradient layer to give the splotches the color I wanted and
- Set blending mode to color.
- Then I played with a kinda funky border by using new brushes I downloaded
- And finished it off with a quick boost using Unsharp Mask (Amount- 20%, Pixels- 80) and brought down the opacity a touch.
Have a great weekend!