Here is the SOOC (straight out of camera) picture
Gosh- I don't even know all that I did. Obviously I cropped the photo to get rid of random kid's shoulder on the right.
In Photoshop CS3:
- I sharpened the eyes, hair and mouth
- Softened his skin via inverting high pass which took away a little of the undereye color
- ran Pioneer Woman's Boost action
- Did some dodge/burn effect with the eyes to give them depth
- I ran the aged photo preset and tweaked that
- boosted saturation in the lips a little
- gave it a vignette (I ♥ the vignette feature in Lightroom- it's rad!)
And there you have it. I went a little more dramatic than I do for everyday, but why not. It was for editing practice and did I mention that my free trail for PS Lightroom is just about up??? I had to mess around in there one last time.