Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

A Shameful Memory Monday



I've been bad. I've let this busy season over run me. Even now, there are a trillion things running through my mind that are on my "to do" list and the memory verses are taking a back seat... which isn't right. Really, how hard is it to commit some words to memory in a week. I don't know why it seems so exhausting to me...

New Verse:
"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
Ephesians 4:30-32

Anyhow, here are the previous memory verses:

Whom have I in heaven, but Thee. And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth. Though my heart and my flesh may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
-Psalms 73:25-26

I tell you the truth, until a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.
-John 12:24

Let no unwholesome talk come from your mouths, but only that which is edifying to others.... Shoot- I wasn't very good at memorizing this one (and to make it worse, it's the one I PICKED!)
-Ephesians 4:29

And last weeks, I was running around across the nation and I didn't do it. :(
Thank God it's a new week and I can start fresh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to be true to a non-mandatory commitment when life seems so busy. You almost need to schedule it at a specific time like you would a meeting! It's like exercising and dieting. It's great to do when it's convenient, but easy to drop when you're otherwise occupied!! : )

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of eigth grade confirmation class where we had to memorize verses and get graded on them. I hated doing them then but I see the impotance now. Some are still swimming around the recesses of my brain. Good for you taking the initiative to do it on your own!